Spider veins (Telangiectasias)
A group of small, thin veins connected to the larger venous system, which are the effects of red, purple or blue swelled blood vessels, commonly seen on the skin of the legs, thighs, face and chest, and can be seen clearly by the naked eye, and they are characterized by their annoying ugly shape. This is a problem for both men and women as it affects their appearance and beauty. Genetics, pregnancy, weight gain, frequent sitting or standing is factors that cause hormonal changes and the appearance of telangiectasias. In this article, he defined the forms, causes and methods of treatment of telangiectasias.
- They appear in the form of a real spider along with a group of veins that extend beyond a dark and central point.
- They are linear, have thin, discrete lines and are most commonly found in the inner knee.
- They appear in a branching way similar to the small branches of the tree, especially on the external thigh area.
Causes of telangiectasias
- The genetic factor and transmission of the child’s genes through parents and grandparents.
- Overweight and obesity.
- Taking contraceptives drugs.
- Blood clots.
- The skin is exposed to ultraviolet rays or surgery by veins.
- Because of standing for a long time in one of the following occupations (teachers, factory workers, nurses, hairdressers).
- As a result of hormone replacement and hormonal effects during puberty and pregnancy.
- Problems resulting from increased pressure on the abdomen, such as the problem of tumors and wear tight body tightening and constipation.
Symptoms of telangiectasias
- Feeling severe pain in the area of infected area.
- Insomnia and fatigue.
- Heart palpitations.
- Heartburn, tingling and heaviness especially in the leg area.
- Swelling and sores in some cases.
Treatment of telangiectasias
- Changing the daily lifestyle such as adjusting the daily diet and sleep, exercise daily walking for half an hour to lose weight and prevent water retention in the body and swollen of the limbs.
- Use a comfortable medical sock for the toes.
- The method of hardening is a brine liquid made from high concentrated materials, which is taken by intravenous injection for three weeks until the telangiectasias and veins disappear.
- After drugging the affected area, a small catheter can be performed by connecting the radio waves to the vein wall. This method is called radio frequency, which results in the heating, breaking and eliminating of the veins.
- The laser can be used in the treatment, where the patient is anesthetized and the entering of small fibers in the vein, where the laser light to generate intravenous pulses that help the vein to disappear.
- In the difficult cases, laparoscopic surgery is performed and under general or partial anesthesia by removing and cutting the long vein part.