The mouth ulcers appear in the inner wall, which is somewhat painful. It may be difficult for people to eat some foods. There are foods that increase their pain, such as lemons. The mouth ulcers usually disappear after a maximum of 10 days. And in case it lasted for more than 10 days, the patient should see a doctor, as it could be an indication of a disease or lack of some nutrition in the body, and although mouth ulcers may disappear without treatment, but there are some treatments that help to accelerate its recovery, and in this article we will provide mouth treatment.
Ways to treat mouth ulcers
- Avoid eating spicy foods and spices as well as not eating crisps such as chips.
- The rinsing with a solution of water and salt is one of the things that help to soothe the ulcers, discourage its severity and disinfection, and it is repeated more than once during the day.
- The rinsing with a solution of water and baking soda to ease the pain and accelerate its recovery 3-4 times during the day.
- Mixing equal amounts of baking soda and toothpaste and placing a few on the ulcer in the mouth, which in turn contributes to accelerate the healing process.
- Having raw onion to treat the mouth ulcers because they contain a large amount of sulfur that helps to treat ulcers.
- The sage plant helps in the treatment of ulcers by grinding the sage leaves and placing them directly on the ulcer, as well as you can rinse your mouth with it after boiling and cooling it.
- Having foods or drinks rich in vitamin C for the ability to treat many ulcers and injuries.
- Peppermint oil helps to relieve soreness and irritation.
- Non-natural remedies can be used to prevent ulcers, and there is a medical adhesive in the pharmacy that anesthetizes and reduces pain by covering it with contact.
Cases where you should see your doctor
- If it is painless and not cured after a maximum of 20 days, it can be an indicator of oral cancer.
- If ulcers are larger than the size of normal ulcers.
- If repeated over short periods of time.
- If its appearance is accompanied by sore throat.
Causes of mouth ulcers
- Lack of vitamins and minerals in the body.
- Biting the mouth from the inside while chewing food.
- Ulcers may appear as side effects due to some medications.
- Gastroenteritis can lead to oral ulcers.
- Mouth ulcers appear in some women during the menstrual period.
- Ulcers may appear due to anxiety and extreme stress.