Gastrointestinal problems are the most common problems, especially colon irritation. Colon irritation is defined as a combination of symptoms, such as recurrent abdominal pain, flatulence and gas, irregular bowel movements, which lead to diarrhea or constipation. The symptoms vary in their duration and intensity from person to person, and in this article we will talk about the causes of irritation of the colon, and methods of its treatment with herbs.
Causes of colon irritation
The main causes of colon irritation are not known, but there are some reasons that may lead to irritation of the colon, including:
- Stress and neurological trauma, as the exposure to constant pressure and tension affects the colon and causes irritation.
- The wrong diet, excessive eating and eating fat before bed, also the fried foods and fast food and the neglect of breakfast, all factors lead to the irritation of the colon.
- Excessive intake of alcohol and stimulants such as coffee, tea, and caffeine, lead to colon disease.
- Infection is one of the main causes of colon irritation, according to a medical study showing that a bacterial or parasitic infection in the colon increases the risk of colon irritation.
Treatment of colon irritation with herbs
It is preferable to start with home remedies before starting the medical treatments. There are many herbs that have proven effective in treating colon irritation.
- Ginger, which is one of the best treatments for irritation of the colon; because of its medical and therapeutic properties, ginger has an anti-vomiting and nausea effect, it is also a gas repellent and treatment for stomach bulge. It also facilitates the digestion process and increases the movement of the intestines. Ginger reduces the level of acid secretions because it contains anti-acid substances. For best results, it is recommended to drink a cup of ginger 3-4 times a day. Place a tablespoon of powder ginger with a cup of boiling water, then leave it for half an hour and drink it.
- Mint is a colon remedy, according to a medical study that showed that mint is rich in probiotic, which is effective in the treatment of diseases of the colon, preferably drinking a cup of mint 3-4 times a day.
- Salvia officinalis, it contains a range of essential oils, which are an effective treatment for abdominal pain and gases and treatment for irritation of the colon.
- Fennel seeds for the treatment of irritation of the colon, it reduces the pain of the colon, and also reduce and calm the intestinal cramps, it’s preferably to drink it 3-4 times a day.
- Caraway is a powerful treatment for gastrointestinal inflammation and is rich in antioxidants, a powerful and effective colon irritant.
- Chamomile, it is a sedative for the body and nerves; it is used to treat colon irritation, it is preferable to drink it 3-4 times a day.