There are many types of bread such as wheat bread, which is considered the most known type among people, oatmeal bread, cornmeal bread and barley bread. Barley bread read is one of the most famous types of bread. It is made from barley flour instead of wheat flour. This bread is known as “Hordeum vulgare bread” , and it is one of the main foods that have taken the place of many other types of bread, especially breakfast, because of its ability to treat many diseases, and it is useful for the digestive system, and in this article we will mention the benefits of barley bread for the colon.
The benefits of barley bread for the colon
- It relieves the irritation of the colon, because it contains a high proportion of dietary fiber.
- Relieves irritable bowel syndrome that causes a lot of pain and discomfort.
- Purifies the colon from waste and toxins, and helps it to get rid of them easily, as the food fiber it contains helps them to absorb large amounts of water, which facilitates the disposal of waste.
- Prevents the feeling of bloating, and helps to rid the body from gases, which reduces colon pain.
- Contains substances that eliminate free radicals of cells, which reduces the risk of colon cancer.
General benefits of barley breads
- Reduces the amount of harmful cholesterol in the blood, which prevents the incidence of atherosclerosis, and allows the arrival of more oxygen to the heart, and this is reflected positively on his health.
- Reduces high blood pressure.
- Helps in weight loss and body fitness because it gives a sense of fullness and satiety, makes you eat less food.
- Contains large amounts of linoleic acid which gives the body energy and vitality because it activates the blood circulation significantly.
- Contains all B complex vitamins, this reflects positively on the overall body health, activates the body and gives it great concentration.
- Reduces blood sugar and helps regulate it.
- Contains many important antioxidants for the body, which protects against diseases, including vitamin c.
- Strengthens body immunity in general.
- Protects osteoporosis because it contains high calcium content.
- It helps prevent strokes and strokes.
- Strengthens blood and prevents anemia.
- Provides the body with many important mineral elements such as magnesium and phosphorus.
- Maintains the health of the digestive system in general and activates bowel movement.
- Contains a small amount of calories, and very few amounts of fat.
- Provides the body with carbohydrates and useful sugar.