Cancer is a serious disease that causes many complications and fatal in the body, where abnormal growth of abnormal cells, causing disruption of the work of tissues and organs that grow cancerous tumor. Cancer may affect any part of the body, and among the types of cancers known there is the throat cancer, which affects an important part of the digestive system is: throat or vocal tendons or any part of the throat, and sometimes extends to the so-called pharynx oral, and extends to neighboring organs, and throat cancer is accompanied by a number of symptoms, and in this article we will mention the symptoms of throat cancer.
Symptoms of throat cancer
Diagnosis of the disease happens by CT scan and MRI and by taking a sample of the abnormal tissue and observing its symptoms, and the most important symptoms of throat cancer that appear clearly on the patient are as follows:
- The sore throat, which lasts for more than two weeks, with no response to antibiotics.
- Pain in the ears and neck.
- Difficulty eating and drinking.
- Breathing abnormally, and is accompanied by sounds.
- Blood Cough.
- Swollen the neck area.
- Body weight loss in an abnormal way.
Causes of throat cancer
There are many reasons that lead to throat cancer, the most important of which are the following:
- Excessive smoking, as this type of cancer affects former smokers or who are currently smoking.
- Drinking alcohol.
- Use the sound excessively and in a way that is not suitable as a constant scream.
- Exposure to chemical pollutants such as toxic fumes, asbestos, ionizing radiation, mustard gas and sawdust.
- Infection with human papilloma virus (HPV).
- Infectious of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Aging and sex, as it often affects men over the age of fifty years.
- Malnutrition and lack of a healthy diet.
Throat cancer treatment
The early the detection of the infection was, the easier the treatment and the high the recovery rate was, as it depends on the prevalence of the disease, tumor size, the age of the patient and his state of public health. The most important methods of treatment are as follows:
- Surgical removal: Lasers can also be used to kill small tumors, and sometimes parts of the throat and vocal tendons are removed.
- Chemotherapy: may be associated with surgical procedure.
- Radiation therapy.
- Preventive treatment: which avoids all causes of the disease and exacerbate it, because continuing to smoke and drinking alcohol reduces the effectiveness of treatment.