Sleeping and eating
Sleeping and eating are one of the most important physiological needs of the human being, which are indispensable needs, so the person must regulate the way to eat and sleep to enjoy excellent health, and avoid many of the wrong practices that lead to health damage to the body, as prevention is better than cure. And adhering to the right instructions and health practices means better health and longer life. In this article we will talk about the damage of sleeping after eating.
Damage of sleeping after eating
Many people overlook the effects of sleep after eating, as there are many damages that may affect the body when sleeping directly after eating, some of them are dangerous, and others are negative symptoms that are best to avoid its causes, so you should wait a period of time between eating and sleeping, so that this period is not less than three hours at least, and the most important damages to sleep after eating are the following:
- Esophageal reflux, which causes heartburn
- Obesity and increased body weight significantly, as sugars that are in the food get stored in the body, and it is necessary to move after eating to burn these sugars and avoid weight gain and making the paunch and the accumulation of fluid in the abdomen.
- Indigestion, because sleep after eating delay digestion due to the fullness of the stomach and slow movement and gastrointestinal dysfunction, so it is preferred to relax a little instead of sleeping, so as to stimulate blood circulation.
- Shortness of breath, which resulting in snoring, intermittent sleep, rapid heartbeat and waking several times.
- Injury to the body with flabbiness.
- Sleep discomfort and nightmares and disturbing dreams.
Tips for eating before bedtime
To avoid any problems during sleep, especially problems related to eating, and to get rid of the effects of sleep after eating, it is necessary to adhere to a set of tips before bed, and the most important of these tips are as follows:
- Avoid fatty foods during the night and at dinner, in order to avoid the resulting damage, especially heartburn.
- Refrain from eating after 8 pm; because the body’s metabolism becomes slow at night.
- Exercise for half an hour after dinner.
- Relax a bit after eating and drinking green tea or reading a book; so as to prevent sleep straight.
- Eat certain types of food at dinner such as yoghurt and fresh fruit, because they contain low amounts of calories.