Constipation is one of the common types of diseases among humans. It is noticed when the number of times the body empties the waste decrease, as, for example, it could last for days, which it is dangerous and needs to be treated quickly. As for chronic constipation, it is difficulty in discharging waste after a long interruption of waste disposal. Constipation is scientifically defined as the removal of waste once every three days a week, but chronic constipation is the removal of waste once a week. In this article we will present the best ways to treat chronic constipation, its causes and symptoms and methods of Protection from it.
Treatment of chronic constipation with natural herbs
Chronic constipation can be treated by alternative medicine rather than by certain medications, as follows:
Drinking lemon juice: It expels toxins and fights bacteria accumulated in the colon, because it contains citric acid.
Using olive oil: It is recommended to drink a large spoon before breakfast daily to get the desired results.
Black Honey: It is one of the best natural treatments for chronic constipation, and this can be done by having two tablespoons three times throughout the day.
Olephra gel: This can be done by mixing almost two tablespoons of it into a glass of warm water, with natural honey or a cup of fresh fruit.
Ways to treat chronic constipation
Chronic constipation can be treated by following these tips:
- Take the laxative medicine prescribed by the doctor.
- Doing exercise especially the exercises of the abdominal muscles to help increase the rate of intestinal cramps.
- Eating vegetables rich in fiber such as:
- Orange juice.
- Whole grain wheat.
- Green beans.
Causes of chronic constipation
- Not eating foods containing fiber.
- Not drinking water in good quantities.
- Gastrointestinal infection with health problems, notably irritable bowel syndrome.
- Constipation may be one of the complications that occur when taking medications such as:
- Antidepressants (Amitriptyline).
- Narcotic drugs.
- Food supplements especially calcium and iron supplements.
Ways to prevent the risk of chronic constipation
The digestive system can be protected from this health problem by following these tips:
- Stay away from stress and anxiety.
- Take care to allocate certain hours to exercise.
- Develop a healthy diet program and distribute meals at intervals throughout the day.
- Working on the scheduling of the use of the restroom and waste disposal.
- Drinking plenty of water during the day.
- Eating foods that contain high fiber content.
- Chewing food well.