The stomach is part of the digestive tract in the human body and is one of the largest organs, linked in its beginning with the esophagus and at the end of the duodenum, which is a muscle bag whose main function is to store food, digestion and analysis to facilitate absorption, where the stomach secrete enzymes that makes it able to perform its functions. This member consists of several parts: the cardiac notch located on the left side of the abdomen under the heart, the bottom of the stomach that is located near the esophagus, and the body of the stomach which is one of the largest parts, and the cave, and the door through which the food to the duodenum, and in this article we will know where is the stomach located.
Where the stomach is located
Knowing where the stomach is located is important for many people, especially those who suffer from pain in the abdominal area, to determine the location of the pain. The answer to where the stomach is located is that it is located on the upper left side of the abdomen on the left side of the liver above the colon and the diaphragm, and on its left there is the spleen, that is shaped like a letter J in English when it’s empty, as it is filled with gas that is not filled with food, in which case its extension is linear.
Causes of stomach pain
It is common in many people to have stomach pains and may be the pain is simple and may be acute, which makes them take medicines to alleviate the pain, and the most prominent causes of stomach pain are as follows:
- Infection caused by viruses known as viral diseases, and the most prominent symptoms of the disease: diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach pain.
- Gastric ulcers or irritation, and this health problem lead to a burning pain in the upper abdomen.
- Injury to the gall bladder health problems, the most prominent of these problems are the stones in them.
- Infectious food poisoning caused by eating contaminated and corrupt foods, sometimes accompanied by high temperature and vomiting.
- Gases caused by a gastrointestinal problem or allergies to certain foods, lead to bloating and fullness of the abdomen and therefore pain in this area.
- Kidney injury of convulsions, which is caused by the presence of stones in the urinary tract and in the kidneys, which causes severe pain, especially in the upper waist area.
- Inflammation of the urinary track and the pain is concentrated in the lower region of the abdomen, accompanied by a feeling of burning and pain during urination.
- Causes of stomach pain in women stimulate the uterus and ovaries especially in the ovulation period.
Rules to deal with stomach pain
In some cases the pain of the stomach automatically disappears, while acute and continuous pain cases require medical intervention, and the affected person can alleviate the pain by following the correct rules that will be identified as follows:
- Stay away from eating for several hours when stomach pains, preferably a snack after six hours.
- Minimize fluid intake, preferably in small amounts.
- Avoid soft drinks.
- Avoid caffeine-containing drinks.
- Avoid alcohol.
- The use of medical drugs that relieve pain and burning in the upper region of the abdomen.
- Avoid spicy, fried, or high-fat foods.
- To undergo medical examination in case of infection in the urine, and the doctor will in turn give the appropriate treatment.