Passive smoking, or so-called secondhand smoke, is the inhalation of tobacco smoke by other people. It is considered the real harm to people who do not smoke as a result of the presence of people who smoke with them in the same place. Passive smoking is the most dangerous to children and their health and a major cause of many diseases. In this context, we will address the dangers of smoking for children, pregnant women and non-smokers.
The dangers of passive smoking on children
- Of its harm, increasing the possibility of sudden and unexpected death in children.
- Increases the risk of asthma in children.
- Increases the risk of shortness of breath or coughing and coughing.
- Children may be exposed to respiratory illnesses including bronchitis or pneumonia, especially for children under one and a half years of age.
- Exposes children to increased risk of tooth decay.
Risks of passive smoking on pregnant and fetus
- Increases the probability of premature birth.
- Increases the risk of the birth of dead embryos.
- May cause low birth weight of children.
- Increased risk of obstetric complications and obstruction.
Effects of passive smoking and its risk to people who do not smoke
- It can cause asthma, or it may aggravate the disease for people with asthma, and it is also an allergen.
- Increases the risk of acute bronchitis.
- Increases the risk of heart disease.
- Increases the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Increased risk of breast cancer.
- Increased risk of lung cancer.
- Increases the risk of developing diseases in the nose, ear, throat or the three together.
- May cause perception impairment of 50 years or more.
- In the case of exposure factors based on vector factors, passive smoking may increase the risk of tuberculosis.
How to Avoid Secondhand Smoke Damage
- Do not smoke if there is a pregnant woman or if there are children.
- Avoid indoor smoking, taking into account the need to ventilate the place where smoking has been constantly used to change the air inside.
- Smoking is preferred on the terrace and no smoking inside the house.