The stomach is one of the important organs in the digestive system, and comes immediately after the esophagus, and the stomach is a muscle bag that could expand and get wide and its main task is to digest food and the secretion of digestive juices and enzymes from its internal wall, and the most important enzymes are Renin enzyme and Pepsin enzyme, and then it pushes the digested food towards the intestine. The stomach could get infected with many diseases such as ulcers, acidity, spiral bacterium and inflammation of its internal wall, and in this article we will talk about the symptoms of gastritis and its causes.
Symptoms of gastritis
It is inflammation of the inner layers of the stomach that lining the wall of the stomach, and may be chronic or non-chronic, and this inflammation occurs due to several causes and the most important symptoms accompany:
- Feeling of severe pains in the abdomen and stomach.
- Blood with the stool, or black stools.
- Stop smoking.
- Severe diarrhea associated with blood.
- Feeling bloated.
- Frequent vomiting, feeling sick all the time, vomiting is accompanied with blood.
- Feeling uncomfortable especially when eating.
- Loss of desire to eat.
Causes of gastritis
- The inner wall of the stomach is weak, and it’s the wall that protects the stomach from being affected by acids that are highly concentrated, and this causes erosion of the lining of the stomach.
- Eating some foods that cause damage and irritation to the mucous layer.
- The infection of a bacterial infection, which leads to the ulcer, and the most important bacteria that cause this infection is H.ylori, or infection with a virus.
- Excessive analgesics, as well as antibiotics, ibuprofen, and aspirin.
- Overuse of alcoholic beverages.
- Infection with an autoimmune disease.
- Esophageal reflux.
- Excessive intake of soft drinks.
- Infection with an organic disease such as cirrhosis or renal failure.
- Undergo surgery.
Ways to treat gastritis
After the doctor diagnosed the disease through the work of laboratory analysis and gastroscopy, he takes the remedial steps according to the cause of infection, and the most important methods of treatment include:
- Give treatment to eliminate the bacteria or virus that causes inflammation if either of them is the cause of inflammation.
- Avoid excessive intake of antibiotics, analgesics, aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Anti-acidity, some steroidal drugs, etc., according to the doctor.
- Using a healthy diet that is far from eating irritating foods for the stomach and from good foods to fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drinking plenty of water, and some medicinal herbs such as soaked fennel seeds, ginger, coconut water, sweet potato juice, pineapple fruit and papaya.