Eating a healthy balanced diet is the key to getting a healthy body, even if the body can work properly, it needs basic nutrients and energy, and humans can get the minerals, vitamins and all the necessary elements by eating different foods in specific quantities, and a healthy diet helps in maintain weight within normal limits, and this in turn helps to prevent the diseases, and in this article we will talk about the principles of healthy nutrition of the body.
Principles of healthy nutrition of the body
There are many misconceptions about the basics of healthy nutrition. Healthy nutrition does not mean depriving the body of certain types of food, abide by strict laws, or reduce the weight to a large extent, but is much simpler, easy and enjoyable, and the most important basis for the proper nutrition of the body to be followed:
- Food should be varied, balanced and not limited to one category of food.
- Do not overuse sodium and salts; over-sodium intake has been associated with hypertension, heart and kidney diseases.
- Eat seafood at least twice a week, fish and oysters are a good source of omega-3 and fatty acids, which are important for heart and brain health.
- Eat foods rich in fiber daily, such as vegetables and whole grains, it is characterized by low calories, and thus reducing the weight, as well as the importance of the health of the digestive system and skin.
- Eat foods rich in calcium daily, as the body needs calcium to build bones and teeth and the nervous system and to regulate heartbeat, and the most calcium-rich foods are milk and its derivatives.
- Eat protein in moderation, as the basis of proper nutrition of the body is to eat proteins, which is an important source of energy, and can be obtained from meat or plants.
- Eat complex and unrefined carbohydrates, and keep away from sugars and refined carbohydrates, as the basis of healthy nutrition of the body is to reduce the intake of starches and increase the intake of whole grains, to avoid overweight and accumulation of fat in the waist.
- Limit the intake of refined sugars, and this helps to reduce the incidence of diabetes.
Tips for proper nutrition of the body
There are some bad health habits that destroy the body and cause harm to it, which must be avoided it, and the most important tips to be followed to get a healthy body:
- Moderation in eating, which is the basis of the proper nutrition of the body, and that means eating without excessive or wasting intake, sufficient quantity only; as the excess of eating any type of food, even if it is healthy it will cause damage to the body.
- Drink enough water throughout the day.
- divide the food and not eating a large amount of food at once.
- Do not neglect breakfast at all, breakfast works to stimulate the metabolism of the body and give the body energy to exercise its work.
- Have dinner before sleeping for at least two hours.
- Eat vegetables and fruits when you feel hungry between meals.
- Diversity in food and not focusing on eating only one category.