In recent years, the world has witnessed an enormous technological revolution that has covered many fields that concerned with the daily human life, this revolution has led to the creation of many technical devices and the technical means that have helped to find simpler ways to solve problems, cure diseases, move between cities, and share of internet access to the world of communications to bring about Quantum leap in mobile phone use, it has become possible to communicate with people all over the world through special applications, which made some users of these phones look at these devices to the extent of impact on the eye, and this article will include information about the mobile phone damage on the eye.
Mobile phone damage on the eye
The eye is the sensory organ responsible for perceiving colors and distinguishing between objects, this happens through a specific mechanism that contributes to specialized optical organelles, the radiation from the mobile phone is one of the things that can pose a danger to the health of the vision by looking at the different types of mobile phones. The damage of the mobile phone to the eye can be summarized as follows:
- The occurrence of different types of infections in the eye.
- Weakness of the muscles of the eye caused by high brightness of mobile phone screen lighting.
- Double vision.
- The presence of blur in vision and the inability to distinguish things clearly.
- The appearance of Dark Halos under the eye.
- The occurrence of some bulges in the eye.
- Incidence of drought in the eyes.
- Change eye color and its tendency to red.
- Increasing of tear secretion when using a mobile phone for a long time.
- Infection of the macular atrophy of the retina.
- Increased risk of retinal damage, leading to central vision loss.
- Increase the risk of cataracts in the lens of the eye.
Protecting the eye from mobile phone damage
In view of the many of the mobile phone damage on the eye, and because of eye sensitivity and ease of exposure to the disease, it is necessary to take some actions that reduce the damage of the mobile phone to the eye, the most important of which are the following:
- Work to adjust the lighting of the mobile phone to be suitable for the eye, in addition to not lift the surfaces of the mobile phone screen in the darkness because it strain the muscles of the eye and affect them.
- Looking at the mobile phone screen at a convenient distance, it helps to avoid damage to the mobile phone on the eye.
- Increase the size of the readable font in the mobile phone screen because this makes reading easier, and reduces the effort of the eye to clearly perceive the text.
- Resting the eye from looking at the phone screen from time to time, this gives the eye an opportunity to rest from the rays issued by it.