Overview of the iPhone 7
The new iPhone 7 came with a lot of talk about it. From the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack to the new home button and water resistance. There’s a lot to talk about and we’ll cover it all here.
Starting with what you get in the box.
- When you open the box, you’re greeted with some paper work and the phone underneath it.
- The phone itself.
- Lightning cable.
- 3.5 mm to lightning adapter.
- Earphones with lightning jack.
It comes with a wide variety of colors. rose gold, gold, silver, matte black and jet black.
CPU: Quad core using the new Apple A10 Fusion Chip.
Ram: 2 Gb.
GPU: sin core graphics.
Storage: 32/128/256 GB with the jet black only available in the 256 gb variant.
OS: iOS 10.0.1.
Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 1960 mAh battery (7.45 Wh).
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot.
IP67 certified – dust and water resistant up to 1 meter and for only 30 minutes.
Dimensions: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
Weight: 138 g (4.87 oz).
Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors.
Size: 4.7 inches (~65.6% screen-to-body ratio).
Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density).
Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating.
- Wide color gamut display.
- 3D Touch display & home button.
- Display Zoom.
Primary: 12 MP, phase detection autofocus, quad-LED (dual tone) flash.
Features: Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama).
Video: 2160p at 30fps, 1080p at (30/60/120)fps, 720p at 240 fps.
Secondary: 7 MP, 1080p at 30fps, 720p at 240fps, face detection, HDR, panorama.
- 3.5 mm jack
- Memory card slot.
The overall design:
Apple describes it as refined design even though it looks exactly like the previous models and it even has the same dimensions. However, there’re some minor welcomed tweaks.
- The antenna design is integrated into the phone case and the camera design is more integrated into the chassis.
- At the bottom, the removal of the 3.5mm jack made things looks too symmetrical that they have put holes on the left side to match speakers while in fact, there’re only a microphones there.
- The last minor tweak in tweak in the design is the volume keys. They don’t have a change in color inbetween resulting for a more simpler design.
The new features:
The new home button:
- It’s not a physical button anymore. Instead, they used a taptic engine that vibrate when the button is clicked and you can customize the intensity of the vibration with 3 different levels ( light, medium and high).
- Finally, loud speakers exist on Iphone 7 and the earpiece acts like a second speaker as well deliver a really good sound quality.
- The first Iphone to get water and dust resistance.
- The camera flash has been replaced with a quad LED flash with duel tone that is 50% brighter and has a 50% more shooting range.
- The main camera zooming is optical.
- The new a10 fusion chip. It a quad core 64 bit processor that consists of 2 high power cores with 2 low power cores. The reason for that is that the low power high efficiency cores which handle low end task using only 1/5 the power, therefore improving battery life. The high power cores deliver 40% more performance than the a9 chip.
- The new 6 core GPU is 50% faster and using only 2/3 the power than the previous generation.
The removal of the 3.5 mm jack rant:
They stated 3 reasons for it.
The first one being that it’s an old technology and people always want new tech and showing that headphones can be used via lightning connectors.
This made a bit more accepting to why they did it but it’s not really that logical. Just because a technology is old, it doesn’t mean you remove it completely. To make things better , from their side at least, is the inclusion of an adapter. This has a lot bad consequences. The inconvenience of having to carry an adapter as well as not being able to use your headphones while charging. Those 2 consequences are major for a lot of people who definitely bigger than those who’re using lightening connector headphones.
The second reason is that the headphone jack takes a lot of space that can be used for better tech.
This one seems a bit legit when you get into the depth of it. Removing the jack cleared enough space for the taptic engine, the new camera, bigger battery and helped the iPhone 7 get the ip67 to compete with Samsung and Sony. Even though Samsung and Sony mobile phones are water resistance still have the headphone jack so that not really selling that reason out so we’ll just have to take what they said about that.
The third reason is their wireless audio vision and getting there as fast as they can because that’s how audio is supposed to be.
We all agree that wireless is the future indeed ,however , reason is a bit bias. Wireless chargers and phones are becoming more and more common and you don’t see Samsung for example removing the charging port.
In my opinion, it’s the most legit of all because the iPhone 7 launches with the airpods. A pair of 159$ wireless produced by beats which is the only brand which benefits from the w1 chip that’s in the airpods. Apple can now charge other headphone brands for MFI (Made For iPhone) fee in order for them to make wired headphones that’ll work with the iPhone which is a huge market.
So in conclusion, the real reason they did it is simply making more money because none of the reasons they gave us really stands out on its own.
Someone essentially lend a hand to make severely posts I’d state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular publish extraordinary. Magnificent activity!
I have noticed that your page needs some
fresh articles. Writing manually takes a lot of time, but there is tool for this time consuming task, search for; Wrastain’s tools
I am not really superb with English but I get hold this real easy to translate.
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied
on the video to make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?
I do not know whether it’s just me or if everybody
else experiencing issues with your site. It appears like some of the written text on your
content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them
as well? This may be a problem with my internet browser
because I’ve had this happen previously. Many thanks
I blog frequently and I truly thank you for your information. The article has really peaked
my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and
keep checking for new details about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.
Comments are closed.