it is known as the body’s inability to digest lactose naturally, and lactose is what is known as milk sugar, which is obtained when eating or drinking any kind of dairy products, and this health problem is classified as a type of food allergy, and most of the people that have this problem of lactose intolerance are infants and adolescents, most often affects older people, in addition to that, the highest recorded of the world that rated of injuries in this intolerance are: Africans, Asians and Europeans, and in this article we will give the most important allergic symptoms of lactose, its causes and its complications on the body.
Lactose intolerance symptoms
The most common symptom of a person having this type of food allergies is:
- Having a puff in the abdomen.
- Sensation of severe pain in the abdomen.
- Noting that diarrheal stool is fluid and mucous.
- Feeling cramped down the abdomen.
- The urge to vomit.
- Feel nausea.
Causes of lactose intolerance
- Deficiency of one of the types of enzymes that work to digest milk sugar (lactose) in the body and specifically in the small intestine.
- Infection of the small intestine with health problems such as inflammation.
- Lactase deficiency since birth.
- Infection of the stomach with different types of infections.
- Chronic disorders of the lining of the digestive system.
- Chronic inflammation of the large intestine.
- Subjecting to chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer tumors.
- Antibiotics take longer than allowed.
Complications of lactose intolerance
A patient with this type of allergies can have the following health problems that are affected by it:
- Feeling of abdominal pain.
- The incidence of colon gases.
- The bones of the body are exposed to many problems such as: weakness of strength and fragility, and stop growth, which leads to the problem of fracturing the bones easily and the difficulty of reparation
- Health problems such as malnutrition and lack of protein intake.
- The entry of a person with lactose intolerance in case of depression.
- Feeling tired and tired all day.
- Losing weight fast and at an abnormal and unhealthy rate.
- Feeling numb and unable to walk or perform daily physical functions to the fullest.
Ways to prevent the risk of lactose intolerance
Protecting your body from lactose intolerance can be done by following these tips:
- The infected person must identify the quality of the milk and its derivatives that have caused the problem.
- Minimize the intake of dairy products.
- Obtaining a healthy diet will gradually increase the amount of lactose in the body to force it to adapt again..