Collagen is one of the most important proteins in the body, and it forms about 30% of the amount of the proteins in the body, which is found in muscles, bones, skin, hair, nails, blood vessels, digestive system and tendons, and it is responsible for maintaining the flexibility and strength of the skin as well as the replacement of dead skin cells, and naturally, collagen production decreases with age, however, if we eat food sources rich in collagen permanently, this will increase the amount of collagen in the body and delay aging, and in this article we will mention herbs rich in collagen and the most important food tips to increase collagen in the body.
Herbs are rich in collagen
There are many herbs rich in collagen available and easy to use and the most important of these herbs are:
· Cactus: which contains a high percentage of collagen protein, the gel inside the cactus plant contains a high percentage of vitamins, proteins and collagen.
· Cranberries: Apart from containing high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, cranberry is one of the most important herbs rich in collagen.
· The Azrien herb: It is a plant of chrysanthemums, and one of the herbal plants, which grows in the orchards and roadside, it’s one of the most herbs that are used for the medical fields in the west, this herb rich in minerals and vitamins, and it has also proven to be effective in stimulating the body’s production of collagen.
Benefits of collagen
· Tightening the skin and keeping its flexibility, so the first effects of lack of collagen are the appearance of wrinkles and lines in the skin.
· Collagen is a necessary element for re-growth of joints, and it increases the flexibility of joints, tendons and ligaments.
· Collagen helps prevent to osteoporosis.
· Collagen is one of the most important elements to build a strong and healthy hair.
· Collagen builds nails and gains it strength.
Tips to be followed to raise the level of collagen in the body
Foods rich in collagen are foods rich in proline and lysine, and the body needs vitamin C to build collagen from proline and lysine, the most important foods rich in collagen:
· Foods rich in antioxidants: Red or dark purple fruits are often rich in antioxidants such as cherries and cranberries, it protects against free roots and prevents the destruction of collagen in cells.
· Foods rich in vitamin C: such as oranges and lemons, which are necessary in the process of building collagen.
· Foods rich in proline and lysine: which is found in fat-free meat and fish?
· Copper-rich foods: Copper helps build collagen, and copper is found in liver, oysters and leafy vegetables.