Many people are looking for healthy and light meals to prepare when they feel hungry, to know meals you can eat and contain less than 100 calories Read this article.
Many people try not to have snack between the main meal to avoid gaining weight, knowing that eating healthy snacks will help them lose weight and keep it as it is. You can eat low-calorie, energy-rich food in the middle of the day. Even if you are not hungry, this will prevent you from feeling hungry at mealtimes and help you control your share sizes during lunch or dinner.
There are many healthy snacks that contain less than 100 calories and will not give you extra fat. The most important of these foods are:
- Organic popcorn
Organic popcorn contains small amounts of vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, vitamin A, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, iron and copper. You can eat popcorn at any time you feel hungry, so you feel full without adding too much extra calories. However, to enjoy it as a snack, you should always buy organic not butter popcorn from the market.
One cup of popcorn contains about 30 calories. It is a good source of fiber without extra fat and other additives, so it has to be popcorn if you are trying to lose weight.
- Celery and chickpeas
One large stalk of celery contains 10 calories, so it is low in carbohydrates, fats and cholesterol. So, for less than 100 calories, you can eat 3 or 4 stalks of celery while adding some homemade chickpeas.
Chickpeas contain high calories, so do not have a lot of it because one spoon of chickpeas contains 25 calories.
The celery has many benefits such as:
- Contains 95% water and this helps keep the body wet, which helps to weight loss and maintains the health of your skin and hair.
- Celery contains other nutrients, including vitamins A, C and K, as well as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, folic acid and potassium.
- Celery helps improve digestion, lowers the high blood pressure, reduce bad cholesterol, and improve vision.
On the other hand, chickpeas is also useful to your health and gives you more energy for a longer period because it is filled with protein and fiber.
You may be aware of the many health benefits of olives. As you can enjoy olives as a low-calorie snack between meals, knowing that 20 olives contain about 68 calories.
The health benefits of olives:
- Olive is a good source of monounsaturated fats and contains important nutrients such as copper, iron, fiber and vitamin E.
- Because olive is full of nutritional value it helps to treat arthritis, osteoporosis, constipation, inflammation and asthma.
- Olive reduces the risk of heart disease, low blood pressure and cancer protection
- Olive delays the effects of aging.
- Low-fat yogurt with berries
Low-fat yogurt is one of the best healthy snacks you can eat daily. As the single fat-free yogurt, 170 grams, contains 100 calories, and You can eat one cup of yogurt with no additions or ½ cup of yogurt covered with strawberries, black or blue berries with a little honey or drink for a delicious snack.
For fat-free yogurt, other benefits:
- Yogurt is a meal full of protein and good bacteria that enhance digestion by adjusting the natural balance of bacteria in the intestines.
- Yogurt is a rich source of calcium and contains other nutrients, such as vitamins B, folic acid, potassium, phosphorus and zinc.
- Eating yoghurt regularly increases immunity and prevents high blood pressure
- Lowers bad cholesterol and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Supports the health of the mouth.
- Good for your skin.
- A whole apple
An apple is a low-calorie snack that you can easily take with you when you eat between meals and satisfy your teeth without high blood sugar.
Each apple contains about 70 to 80 calories, you can eat a whole apple (raw or baked) and sprinkle some cinnamon on it to make it tasty.
An apple a day can help lower your cholesterol level, also Apple contains other vital nutrients, such as vitamin B and vitamin C, in addition to that will satisfy your appetite for sweets without raising blood sugar levels significantly.
Stop thinking about hunger
Here are the steps you can follow to stop thinking about hunger:
- Ask yourself if you are really hungry or just bored.
- To keep the food out of your mind, keep it out of your sight.
- Prepare healthy snacks in advance for the afternoon.
- Find something fun to do with your own hands.
- Drink a glass of lemonade.
- Contact a friend.
- Go for a walk.