Banana is one of the most popular types of fruits. It is a useful fruit that grows on banana grass; it is not a tree as some believe. Banana is characterized by its attractive yellow color and its delicious taste. There are many different kinds of it. It also contains a nutritional value rich in mineral elements such as Vitamins, antioxidants and dietary fiber, and in this article we will talk about the benefits of bananas, and will know whether bananas cause constipation.
Do bananas cause constipation?
Many people think that bananas cause constipation, but it is strange that some people take it for the treatment of diarrhea and some take it to treat constipation. Eating green bananas, which is not fully ready to be eaten, actually causes constipation because it contains a large amount of starch. It also causes bloating, but ripe or yellow bananas are one of many fruits that treat constipation because it contains a large amount of dietary fiber. It is recommended for that people suffering from constipation to eat ripe bananas with large amounts of water, because this softens the intestines and stimulates its movement, while eating it without too much water intake also causes constipation because the dietary fiber causes hardening of the stool and reduce the movement of the intestine, Bananas also contain pectin, which absorbs water from the intestines and causes stiffness of the stool. Bananas cause constipation in two cases: the first is when it is taken without a large amount of water, and the second when it is green, not ripe.
Benefits of bananas
Bananas contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin B1. It also contains calories, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, carbohydrates and amino acids, especially tryptophan. As for the most important benefits of bananas to the body are as follows:
- Provides energy and vitality to the body.
- Maintains cardiovascular health and lowers high blood pressure.
- Increases sexual ability.
- Improves mood and increases the sense of happiness because it contains large amounts of tryptophan, which turns into serotonin.
- Maintains blood sugar.
- Prevents muscle spasm.
- Strengthens bones and helps stabilize calcium in them.
- Reduces the feeling of depression and tension.
- Enhances immune system performance and prevents many diseases.
- Contains large amounts of iron, which protects against anemia.
- Gets rid of waste, toxins and heavy minerals in the body.
- Treats gastric acidity and esophageal reflux.
- Maintains eye health.
- Eliminates the feeling of morning sickness, so it is useful for pregnant women.
- It protects against cancer.