Many people suffer from stomach pain from time to time as this is one of the most common and widespread among people. It also has many causes, symptoms and signs. It also has many treatment methods. The patients are often forced to see the doctor if the pain was accompanied certain types of other symptoms, and in this article we will identify the causes of stomach pain.
Causes of stomach pain
There are many causes of stomach pain, which are as follows:
- The acidity of the stomach, when the acid in the stomach rise high to the esophagus causes many annoying pain, also known as heartburn.
- Food poisoning, caused by eating contaminated foods, and this poisoning is accompanied by both nausea and vomiting.
- Viral infections are frequent in infants and are often accompanied by diarrhea, for example rotavirus and stomach germ.
- Gallstones, which cause a lot of pain as they are inflating the digestive tract, and the pain increases with eating.
- Gastrointestinal disorders, caused by the intake of solid foods that do not contain the dietary fibers responsible for facilitating digestion, for examples indigestion.
Cases that should see your doctor
- Stomach pain occurs during urination, especially if chills or fever occur.
- Severe and sudden abdominal pain.
- Frequent vomiting.
- A person feels uncomfortable in the abdomen for more than a week.
- Bulge of the abdomen and swelling for more than two consecutive days.
- Pain in the abdomen during pregnancy.
- Constipation with pain and vomiting.
- Several stomach pains are associated with a rise in body temperature.
- Bloody vomiting or bloody diarrhea.
- Exposure to diarrhea lasts for more than five days.
Ways to treat the stomach pain
There are a range of natural and home remedies for stomach pain, which are as follows:
- Ginger tea, drink this tea with a teaspoon of white honey in it, it is an effective treatment for these pains.
- Mint tea is one of the most effective treatments that work as a pain killer and relaxation of the stomach muscles as well.
- Sipping liquids, sip a little of pure water slowly and stay away from dairy products of all kinds.
- To abstain from eating for a while, accelerates healing and relieves pain and limits the aggravation of disorders.
- Warm the abdomen, by placing a hot sac to relax its muscles and ease its pain.