Walking in all its forms: slow and fast, on a level surface or up and down is one of the most popular sport among people of different ages, as it does not require going to the gyms, and thus the person won’t worry about time and material cost, so that it can be practiced outdoors or adopted as a Lifestyle in mobility and going to work or university and others, and can be conducted individually or groups daily or according to a specific program, but nutritionists recommend to walk at certain times and avoid in others to achieve the desired benefit, and in this article will mention the benefits of walking After eating.
Walking after eating
The practice of walking after eating the main meals is one of the discussions and disagreements between nutrition experts and doctors in the field of nutrition, where some believe the harm of this practice, especially if it came after eating directly because of its negative impact on the metabolism in the body and that it causes problems in digestion and absorption of beneficial nutrients from digested food, so that direct walking after eating to lose minerals and vitamins from food does not benefit the body.
Nutrition experts believe that the best way to achieve the desired benefit of walking, especially after eating, is to be at least half an hour after the meal, not directly, and experts advise to increase this time in the case of food containing starchy or carbohydrate, such as rice, oats and brown bread And sugary substances, so that the digestive system can digest and absorb so as not to cause gastrointestinal problems cause the opposite of the most important weight gain.
Benefits of Walking After Eating
After eating, there are many benefits that everyone should know in order to increase their interest in this easy sport with important results, taking into account the time interval between the meal and walking as mentioned above. Among these benefits are the following:
- Maintain fitness, fitness and muscle flexibility.
- Dispose of excess weight especially in places that collect fat such as buttocks, abdomen and thighs.
- Improve the functioning of the body organs and integration such as the heart, lungs and blood circulation.
- Improve digestion and help eliminate abdominal gases and eliminate excessive burping.
- Improve heart performance and blood pumping and eliminate associated health problems such as obesity, cholesterol and diabetes.
- Regulation of blood pressure.
- Modify the mood and improve the psychological state, and get rid of nervous and emotional tensions caused by the problems of daily life.
- Eliminate or reduce the level of harmful fats in the body, often resulting from excessive intake of fatty foods and fast food.